Saturday, April 3, 2010

What has happened to us in the past 2 weeks....

Well, folks two weeks ago today my dad broke his leg and was taken to Shawnee Mission and then KU. They did a surgery Tuesday to fix his leg and found that he had bone cancer. That Wednesday we were allowed to the hospital and mom and dad told us about the cancer and told us that he would have his right leg removed. =( Our lives changed March 20th when dad broke his leg. We saw him almost everyday....finally he came home yesterday and he is very glad to be home. Me being "mommy" for about 2 weeks (with a few breaks) is partially over now! But for now and forever I will help mom with the kids and help dad with things he needs. I already do! We now have real equipment when we want to play nurse! A wheelchair, a walker, a comode, crutches, and then we have a bath chair where dad can slide into the shower or back out! =) Cool, huh? Well, this new life will be something we will have to get used to but we will! And with God's help as well. We can't forget that!

Thanks for the prayers and PLEASE KEEP THEM UP!

Luanna

4 comments:

Brenda said...

We have been and will continue to pray for you all. God is in control!

Charity said...

Lu! I'm soo glad you updated your blog! I love the new background and you made me laugh! I'm glad you are so positive about everything. Your mom told me about how helpful and great you've been through everything. I'm very proud of you. Keep up the blog updates! Love you! ~Aunt Char, Uncle Trav, & Zeus =)

Vicki Holloway said...

Thanks for the update, Lu! I know that you are a great help to your family. We have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Love ya! Vicki

Andrew said...

We will definitely be praying for you and your family!!!