Thursday, October 20, 2011

free verse...

hey readers! I was going to put this up on Tuesday...but that didn't happen. I am sorry!
Free Verse-
Free verse is poetry whose rhythm is close to the natural rhythm of normal speech. Free verse is usually unrhymed, and it relies on the repetition of sounds, words, and lines.

This poem was in my literature book for school:

Primer Lesson
Carl Sandburg
Look out how you use proud words.
When you let proud words go, it is not easy to call them back.
They wear long boots, hard boots; they walk off proud, the
can't hear you calling--
Look out how you use proud words.


Pretty powerful right?! Well we had this assignment-

Write About It
Using Sandburg's "Primer Lesson" as a model, write your own poem personifying another character quality. Describe how it moves around and what kind of footwear it uses. Endurance might wear a pair of worn-down running shoes; Grace might wear a pair of ballet slippers, etc.

So, this is what I came up with with very little help from my mom! she did think of the cleats used but I pretty much came up with the rest :)

Courage
Luanna J. Wright
We must have courage to make it through the
Hard times in our life.
Courage is not running off when the giants come
In life, but facing your fears.
Courage is as a pair of cleats-standing their
Ground and staying in place.
Use your cleats and stay strong.

So, what do you think? Let me know! =)




Moving on to another thing...

Esther and I are putting videos on youtube now! :) please watch them...and if you'd like to go to our channel-www.youtube.com/mjwsjw

Check us out! =)


hope you all are having a beautiful October, fall week!

xoxo,
Luanna Joy



4 comments:

Brianna said...

Cool videos, Lu! I love your purse by the way....;) (Oh, and I'm glad you like the notepad!):)

Talk to you later!
Nan

Brianna said...

Oh, the poem you wrote is VERY good!!! =)

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Thanks :) and thanks!!!

:)Kenzie(: said...

That was a lovely poem!! Great job :D Oh and I love seeing you guys on YouTube!! So cool!! :D