Friday, November 4, 2011

thankful-day4

today I am thankful my dad is still here with us. :) most of you have heard that on March 20, 2010, our lives were changed...forever. my dad's leg broke and then found out it had cancer in it and to get rid of it, they have to amputate his whole right leg. now the cancer has come back into his lungs and he just finished chemo for that. he is done now and will just have CT scans every 3 months and they are just going to be monitoring the hopefully shrinking tumors! the last scan he had was showing that they really didn't do much but some inflammation that was in his lungs had gone down...and a doctor my aunt talked to (who is actually a cousin of Obama :O ) said that that because they didn't show a lot of signs of shrinking or growing that maybe they were in a process of dying.

anyway, I am very thankful that he is still here with us! and I hope God allows him to stay for still a long long time....:)
thanks dad for being who you are! I know this has been the hardest on you these past months...but I wouldn't be who I am without you and mom.

I love you Dad!


I am also very thankful for my mom! she does so much around here for us kids...she teaches, cleans, does laundry, takes care of us, cooks, etc, etc, etc!!! I love you Mom!! thank you for everything you do for us!!! I know its been so hard for you through all this and yet you still keep on keeping on and being here for us! thank youu!! I wouldn't be the person I am without you.

I wouldn't be here without either of you! so thank you very much for that too! and raising me up! :)


stay beautiful!
Luanna Joy

2 comments:

Debbie S said...

Oh Luanna..I have tears in my eyes..I'm praying for your dad, and your family! Have faith! Remember God is a great pshyican!

xoxo,
Deborah

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Aww Deborah! :) thank you!! its been the toughest thing...I never did imagine I would ever go through something like this...but God has been here through it ALL!

xoxo,
stay beautiful!
Luanna